In this episode we cover:
- How Erin, hairstylist and mother of a 2 year old son, dealt with the changes of pregnancy and how it affected her.
- She mentions that pregnancy is a different experience for plus size women and acknowledges the lack of media and entertainment coverage.
- Erin discusses confidence and how it ebbs and flows. Despite taking about 5 years to build her confidence, she still has bad days and that is okay. She mentions how a sense of self and daily factors like clothing can change overall confidence. She advises others to be mindful of what they like and don't like to begin building confidence.
- Erin often dressed in pinup and did photoshoots before her son and quickly stopped during pregnancy. Getting back into pin up is helping her find that confidence.
- David and Erin discuss how photoshoots can be transformational for an individual. She mentions that just because you may not like a particular photo, does not make it bad. What is good is constantly being redefined and others may find a beauty that you are not offering yourself.
- Erin finishes the podcast by offering 2 great tips for posing in photos. She says the the photos should not feel comfortable and to know what you like.
In this episode, I sit down with a local boudoir photographer to talk about the importance of what we do for the everyday woman through our service. Andrea also talks about her experience being photographed after being the one behind the lens for so long.
We have our first intimate boudoir shoot client on the show to talk about her experience! Hear Colleen's story of how she came to want a boudoir shoot for her growing up in a conservative, Christian household.
For this episode, I have my all-time top client and friend who holds the title for the most shoots with me at 5 shoots!@ From her wedding to her professional realtor branding photos, to now her 30th birthday portraits - it's been a journey. We talk about the harsh standards of Asian families on beauty, growing up as an overweight kid with bullies, and how her relationship with beauty has changed for the better in the last couple of years.
What happens if you came into treating your Mother-in-Law for a mother's day shoot, but it evolves into a generation shoot and you also want a family shoot? Well, my beautiful client, Minerva is here to tell you about her crazy two-shoot experience!
For this episode, I have my lovely client Courtney who... is quite accomplished, to say the least. Courtney, as you can see by the title, is a lawyer, opera singer, and an equestrian. Courtney needed a photoshoot for her professional career so we spent some time on the phone doing a deep dive into the Courtney Daniels brand. We ended up having a crazy 7-hour shoot going from my studio to her lovely home to photograph her with her singing dog Amadeus and beautiful horse Gary.